NCSC will be hosting CourtHack 2.0 April 22-23, 2017 at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Participating teams will come together from a variety of sources: universities, not-for-profit development groups, industry, courts, and individuals gathering and forming teams on site. We anticipate around 150 participants, dividing into about 30 teams. Court experts from across the county, including judges, court administrators, and court CIOs, will participate as mentors, providing insight into the issues and the potential benefits to both courts and the communities they serve.
The challenge sets for CourtHack 2.0 include:
- Fairness in Fees, Fines, and Bail Practices
- Fairness: Leveling the Playing Field
- Understanding Customer Experience
- Translating Legalese to Folksonomy
- Social Support for Families in Crisis
- Wildcard! Closing Gaps in the Court System
More details can be found at the CourtHack website: http://courthack.org/.