The Montana Supreme Court, Office of the Court Administrator has issued an RFP for E-filing.
The Montana Supreme Court, Office of the Court Administrator, seeks proposals to establish a statewide electronic filing and service portal for Montana courts to:
- Improve access to the Montana court system by providing litigants and attorneys a standard and secure means in which to electronically file and serve documents 24/7 regardless of court or case type.
- Reduce document storage and retrieval costs.
- Reduce data entry costs and improve the quality and consistency of the court register of action.
- Increase productivity and efficiency as a result of multiple users having simultaneous access to the case file.
- Reduce the risk of court documents being lost or destroyed in a catastrophic event (fire, flood, etc.).
- Provide a secure payment mechanism to process and account for statutory court filing fees and costs.
The documents can be downloaded from the following link: http://svc.mt.gov/gsd/OneStop/SolicitationDetail.aspx?SolicitationID=6486
The current schedule is as follows:
- Deadline for written Vendor Questions – May 7, 2012
- Deadline for posting State’s Written Responses to State’s Website – May 14, 2012
- RFP Responses Due Date – June 4, 2012
- Presenter Demonstrations – July 10-12, 2012
- Intended Final Award Date – July 16, 2012
Offerors must organize their proposal into sections that follow the format of the RFP as provided in the above link. Offerors failing to comply with these instructions may be subject to point deductions. Further, the State may deem a proposal nonresponsive or disqualify it from further consideration if it does not follow the response format, is difficult to read or understand, or is missing requested information. The State is not responsible for preparation costs, the offeror is solely responsible for all costs incurred prior to the contract execution.
While the State of Montana has every intention to award a contract resulting from this RFP, issuance of the RFP in no way constitutes a commitment by the State to award and execute a contract. For additional information please see section 2.5 – State’s Rights Reserved of the published RFP.